Sunday, December 14, 2008

Be Nice to Your GM

Ok, I don't know how many of you are players and how many are gms/dms. For you players out there dming is a lot of work and we do it because we want to make a good story for you. We love you guys, if we didn't have players we couldn't play. But it seriously is a lot of work to put together a good session or a good campaign, especially if you decide not to use modules.
So, this is my advice to all you players out there, be nice to your gm. Bring him/her treats and snacks when you come to sessions. In my games we used to call them food and drink offerings. Don't argue much and for goodness sakes don't try to overrule the gm...
I'll be honest, in my games trying to overrule me usually meant instant death for the character...or at least a long road back to recovery. Also, put some work into your characters, there's nothing worse than gming for a bunch of flat, uninteresting, cliched characters...well...ok, there are a few things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment